Error rendering web part: One or more field types are not installed properly.

Nov 30, 2010 at 12:53 PM

Hi,

I'm getting this error.  Can you tell me what this means, and how I can fix it?

Thanks!

David

Dec 13, 2010 at 8:16 PM

Hello David,

Did you resolve this? I have the same issue.

thanks

Jake

Dec 14, 2010 at 4:16 PM

No, I did not; if anyone has any insight as to the cause of this, I'd appreciate it.  The list the web part is targeting does not have any unusual columns as far as I can tell.  It is the Site Listings list in the SP2010 Site Directory solution on Codeplex. 

Jan 3, 2011 at 2:42 PM

I'm having the same problem, but not when I connect the webpart to a simple custom list. I've not tried every type of list, but so far I only come across this error on Doc Libraries.

Jan 3, 2011 at 6:54 PM
Edited Jan 3, 2011 at 8:28 PM

In my case, the problem was not the list type, but the field name I was using. After some research I found that this error is generally because the internal field name needs to be used rather than the display name. Once I did that, the problem was solved. It was a little more tricky for me because the name I gave the column included a space, "document tags", which was converted to "document_x0020_tags". That created other issues which are discussed here: http://metadatawebpart.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=220164

Jan 19, 2011 at 3:47 PM

I had the same problem. In my casse the managed metadata field used a displayname and a internal name which didn't match. making them the same fixed my problem.