Can this WebPart be deployed as a Sandbox solution on SharePoint online?

Nov 22, 2013 at 5:30 PM
Our company migrated to a dedicated SharePoint online (2010) infrastructure. Our corporate IT group is very strict about deploying anything beyond the Farm Level. I have Site Collection Administrator rights so I'm really needing a sandboxed solution.

I looked through the documentation bit I didn't see any references to where this solution can be deployed (Farm Level or Site collection). I decided to test it on a local VM just to see if I could deploy with just Site Collection Administrator privileges.

I got the following error.
Unhandled exception was thrown by the sandboxed code wrapper's execute method in the partial trust app domain: $Resources:core,ImportErrorMessage; <<
Can anyone give me a definitive answer on whether or not this can/cannot be deployed as a sandbox solution on SharePoint online?

Thanks so much for your time and attention
Dec 5, 2013 at 3:43 PM
I revisited this issue today and found found the following element

<SandboxedSolution>False</SandboxedSolution>

in the Taxonomy_WebPart.csproj file under the SourceCode tab.

My assumption that this element is set to "false" because the code has functions that do not work as a sandbox solution. Is that a correct assumption? If so, are there sections of the code that could be removed to make it work as a sandbox solution while still preserving the basic functionality?

Thanks for your time